B R O A D Southern Cemetery e N T S

Dec 8, 2010

Super fan? ... guilty

Joel surprised me with a trip to Seattle to see Joni for my birthday. With little notice I was on a plane and shocked with delight. Joni planned a trip we always joked about (I was serious she would joke), of going to Forks Washington and seeing first hand places that had captured my imagination and heart while reading the Twilight series.

Joni and I at Crescent Lake WA. I was in awe of the beauty and magic of this piece of heaven on earth.

Joni collecting rocks, I wish I had brought my better camera and tripod to really capture the beauty of this lake.

I don't consider myself a Super fan of Twilight... but I think this post makes a pretty compelling case that I am exactly that.

Forks was fun for the Twilight reasons, but it was interesting to see the real town and learn about their history. There was a lot of pain due to the scrutiny and controversy over their industry of logging. I had no idea about Forks as a real town and I found it compelling and fascinating to hear their stories.

That's right, this is the dream. Why hadn't I thought of decorating my room like this!?

Joni and Jacob, sitting in a tree. I won't throw Joni under the super fan bus, she and I had fun but I know she did this for me.

The Forks Hospital has a parking space for Carlisle, and why shouldn't they?

La Push was my favorite Twilight stop. It was worth the trip to experience this beautiful spot all on it's own.




Joni made me get in this picture and the pain of my shame is so obviously plastered all over my face.

3 comments:

Marin said...

don't feel guilty. if you felt guilty you would not have posted these gems. own it baby. own it. that's another reason why we are friends. you introduced me to twlight. and for that, i owe my life to you.

James Yvonne and Elise said...

Mardi this is my favorite post by you. ever! I can see the pure joy in your face. I hope you had a wonderful Birthday. Don't we always go to lunch around the Dec. birthdays? Did you not invite me this year?

Mardi said...

Marin - you do owe me your life for giving you Edward... and I have a favor to ask, I need your kidney.

Yvonne - we do always go out to lunch! I have a feeling that you and I are on the outs with our so-called-friends because I wasn't invited either... we can plan our own lunch :)